Friday 9 September 2016

Tic tac toe

This week, I carried on the idea of last week, getting students to develop an idea of how computers are designed to win games. Going through all options that the computer has to play, learning from losses.

I must say I am impressed at the cs4fn.org activities, they have enabled students to be engaged and push there preconceptions. 

As someone commented on the photos that I made available online, They love the fact that I am using tic tac toe, for me it is about using their prior learning and developing new knowledge from it.

Getting students to develop their own pieces and gameboard through cardboard allowed them to personalise their games. I did think about developing it through the laser cutter, but this turned out to be very creative, one of our Hobsonville Habits.

No comments: