Monday 7 May 2007

photocopiers

I am one of those teachers who uses the photocopier at school very rarely, either to photocopy a piece of paper, or to photocopy a page out of a book. I only just remember how to use the photocopiers staple function, and I need to ask how to do double sided photocopying much to the delight of some of the other teachers. However today I need the photocopier for a little more than the one page document, I needed it to help do some of my Year 12 programming course. The students are learning gamemaker, and normally I would print of how many copies of the using the laser printer at school. But no, I needed the photocopier as I had printer 30+ pages off and duplexing takes so long on it, so why not, use the photocopier and let it be over in a matter of minutes. I reach the doors and hear someone say, "The photocopiers is not working", argh, just what I need, someone has jammed the photocopier, as I get closer I see a piece of paper on top saying "OffLine", Offline, when is a photocopier off line, never, it ends up being a four hour wait for the thing to get fixed because a lease expired either on the photocopier or on the management software we use to allocate the printer ID numbers that we have to enter each time we want to copy. It turns out noone sent a reminder out that this was happening, hello. As I look outside wondering where our IT manager is, should he not have known, oh well, just another blog entry on a sunny autumns day.

No comments: