Tuesday 19 February 2013

radio station issues

So far we have broadcast two days... not because of a lack of trying, but because the computer that is running it crashed during a windows update and went into the reboot of death. Luckily we have all the music on a separate hard drive and just the operating system and programs sitting on the main hard drive.

A fresh windows xp sp3 install requires 121 updates, which takes a good period of time. Though my other issue was I turned the resolution up and forgot to change it back before going into the room.

The radio station is now back up and working, it now seems that I don't have a student wanting to do the branding of it, so will give it to my year 12 students as a task to do when developing there understanding of digital media.

If it fails again, I am putting ubuntu on it!

No comments: