Wednesday 20 March 2013

Content Management Systems updated

I have been busy trying to get my content management systems unit working and I now have success, though it has involved my web hosting account, sub domains. Which is not the ideal solution as I now have issues with the theme development in silverstripe. However, I am getting the students to create a multipage website in an environment that is foreign to them. They will have to develop the work in silverstripe cms first and then use the same work in another environment, but learn how to remove sidebars.
It will be interesting to see how the students work together to solve this issue as I see that they do struggle with new environments. the learning curve around cms's is huge, with questions of access, databases, server hosting and foreign user accounts, but I hope as the weeks of work develop they will have an appreciation of what it takes to work with a variety of content management systems.





No comments: