I have decided to use khan academy to help with the in class work. https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/sql Developing the students understanding of SQL, this will allow the students to develop understanding and projects through an online environment that doesn't matter what device that they use.
What I have to look at:
Teacher guidancecopied from http://seniorsecondary.tki.org.nz/Technology/Achievement-and-learning-objectives/Level-7/DTG-7-2
Here is the new todo API information that is moodle 3.2 dashboard, getting students to understand how data is stored in other applications will help them through their own developments.
Add a todo class (pretty please can we have an actual class rather than just stdClass)
- Some properties of the class:
- unique id (context id, component, area and item id?)
- name - the name of the thing the todo relates to (e.g. activity name)
- url - the url of the thing the todo relates to (e.g. view.php of the module)
- user id - the id of the user this todo belong to
- course id - the course if that the todo relates to
- icon url - the icon for the todo (default to the module icon)
- start date (optional) - when the todo starts
- end date (optional) - when the todo must be actioned by
- item count - how many associated items there are (e.g. 4 unread posts)
- action name - display name of the todo (e.g. "submit assignment")
- action url - url of the todo action (e.g. link to the assignment submission page)
- action start date - a date after which the todo can be actioned (only display the action url after this date)
- action state - Has this been actioned? Eg, The assignment was submitted.
- Add an API class to provide access to todos (get todos for a user, get todos for a user grouped by course etc).
- Retrieval of todos needs to suppose pagination (and pagination with filters, e.g. first 10 todos in the next 7 days, second 10 todos in the next 7 days).
While the work does not need to be an API, it will help the students to think outside.