Monday 9 July 2007

two seperate paths

I have been thinking about my year 13 programming course and the fact that it was open entry. I have been doing visual c# with them for the past term and around 7 of the 23 or so students can actually get something working. This is a kinda to do list for me over the next couple of days
1. Print of the students attainment for last year,
2. compare results, did they take the course last year
3. credits, have they got level 2, will they get level 3 this year

Talk to the HOD and make the course work for me, these students need level 2/3 credits. Quick run through 2780/2781 and they will get 12 credits, then get them into level 3 credits, research into contemporary IT systems currently in use in New Zealand. with what they have been doing so far in the course this might work, they research, and create a presentation, 18746? 3 credits, presentation 3 credits and the robots 5 credits and then finish the year with a task???? they will have there 14 level 3 credits. Presentation could be in a website? heaven forbid as a guide for students in the following year. 5 credits, 16 credits, I got this idea from a teacher I went to a workshop to in wellington, and how he had programming kids and other students.

Links
18746 http://nzqa.govt.nz/nqfdocs/units/pdf/18746.pdf Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary information technologies 3 credits

5940 http://nzqa.govt.nz/nqfdocs/units/pdf/5940.pdf Presentation 3 credits

18737 http://nzqa.govt.nz/nqfdocs/units/pdf/18737.pdf Create a website for organistation use. 5 credits

This means they will have to work, or I look at other standards to do with skills in publisher/word/excel

I still have to work out something for my web design students. Credits and the like. mind you they are doing two years of level 3 credits in the subject. Why would they complain. because 12 credits is nothing, mind you they are achievement standard credits, I could look at them doing a comparison of technologies.

why does blogspot not have the formatting tools available when using safari on the mac?

No comments: