Wednesday, 22 April 2009
Sunday, 19 April 2009
Saturday, 18 April 2009
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
After doing a google search and finding a paper clip(these are hard to find now) we managed to locate the reset button, all the trainings that I went to and we never got told about the reset button, or how to unbrick a brick, it has been a good day since then, so without any further flutter,
Problems downoading firmware? Bricked your NXT?
Numerous questions have come to Lego regarding problems downloading firmware. Lego has put this together to help those having difficulty with performing an update:
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Firmware download procedure:
Make sure the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT is connected directly to the computer/Mac using a USB cable (Bluetooth connection will not work).
1. Press the hardware reset button on the NXT brick for at least 3-5 seconds. The hardware reset button is a tiny little button at the bottom of the pinhole on the bottom of the NXT case, just under the USB connector. You can push it with an unfolded paperclip but a LEGO antenna works to.
2. If the NXT is clicking before you press the hardware reset button, it will stop clicking after you press the hardware reset button. Continue to press on the hardware reset button for a few seconds longer until it clicks one time. Now release the hardware reset button.
3. Wait for the NXT to start clicking continuously again (It will take approximately 2-4 seconds).
4. Now go to the menubar within the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Software and select Tools->Update Firmware and select a firmware version and press Download.
5. If the software is unable to download the firmware correctly after having gone through the above process, please verify that you have the correct USB driver version installed:
1. Open an explore window
2. Go to the folder called “WINNT” or “windows”
3. Go to the folder called “”system32”
4. Find the file called “fantom.dll”
5. Right click on file and select properties
6. Under the version tap, the file should have the following version number: 22.214.171.124152. If it has version number 126.96.36.199152 you need to update the USB driver.
i. To update the USB driver please go to http://mindstorms.lego.com/Support/Updates/ and download the MINDSTORMS NXT Driver V1.02 and install the driver.
Just follow the installation instruction. Before running the installation, close the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT software and unplug the NXT from the computer.
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Teaching is a profession that takes a lot out of a person. I know of no other profession where ones heart and soul is so closely embedded into the daily grind. When there is success you feel amazing - on top of the world. On the days when things are a little harder you feel as though you have been run over by a bus.
I take teaching very seriously. Devote a lot of time, heart and effort into ‘making a difference’ to my students. I am passionate about being innovative and creative. I try really hard to be the best I can be for my students. Sometimes though this is challenged and I find myself having to justify my actions and beliefs. Sadly, the majority of the time these justifications are to people who have little understanding of the job.
I get into this mindset or mood where I feel really defeated - that perhaps my energy would be better spent doing something where I am truly appreciated. Where I can go home at six and not worry about students that are not progressing. Where I don’t feel like criticsm of my work is a personal attack.
I am hoping this black cloud is a symptom of end of term. I hope I will feel reinvigorated and positive when I wake up in the morning.