I still have yet to write a quick introduction for Mountain Biking for the school sports page.
Mountain biking is a great way to explore the outdoors, stay in shape, or just have fun. Racing down the side of a mountain is a lot of fun indeed, although it can also be quite dangerous. Even though it’s dangerous, if you ride with caution, it can be enjoyed by the entire family.
At ******** School we mainly ride every second Sunday through various purpose built Mountain Bike Tracks in Woodhill Forest, Whitford Forest, and the Hunua Ranges.
There is opportunity to compete in the:
* Auckland Secondary Schools Cross Country Individual Champs
* Auckland Secondary School Winter Series, four events over the winter months in Auckland
* Auckland Secondary School Team Relay
* New Zealand Secondary Schools Indicidual Champs, in Levin
* Cateye Moonride, a 12 hour mountain bike race where you will compete in a team down in Rotorua Forests.
For more information please fill in the feedback form below.