The Task: Scavenger Hunt
- explain the different functions you think this system should have;
- describe the user interface elements of the program that allows you to use these functions;
- give arguments for your design.
Geocaching the modern version of a scavenger hunt where we use billion dollar satellite technology to find platic containers (or other caches). It is a fast growing sport/hobby with potential for application in the realm of education. As students search for caches they apply many 21st century skills. The integration of this unique technology adds a "Wow" factor that increases student engagement and motivation.
Benefits to Students
• Understanding of spatial relationships
• Increased student engagement
• Application of geography
• 21st Century Skills (Career-oriented)
• Future technology
• Different learning styles
One of the other things I have to consider when doing all of this is,
Schools should explore not only how ICT can supplement traditional ways of teaching but also how it can open up new and different ways of learning"
-The NZ Curriculum (p36)