Friday 27 April 2007

KnowledgeNET Part 2

I couldn't make it to the user group meeting on Thursday for this, instead I emailed them for some minutes of the meeting, I got there powerpoint. I eagerly opened the document and was surprised to see a road map for 2007, now 2007 is a long time, 12 months, 365 days... I won't go on,
  • The road map contains...
  • New and Improved WYSIWYG editor
  • E-Portfolio System
    • Project Management Tool (includes assessment drop box)
    • Goal setting tool
    • Blogging tool for reflections
    • Easy to Manage - "My Best Work"
    • Teacher Skill Profile
  • PXT to KN with Image Gallery
  • Interoperability Project
  • New Interface
Now this is a good start to what is missing from the current system
The editor they are moving to is a FCK editor, I like the name, I think I will enjoy saying this one in class, "Open the FCK editor."

The Interoperability Project is linking the SMS more up to knowledgenet so that you can click a button in the SMS and save a file that can be uploaded to knowledgenet and all the users, marks, and assessment information can be put up immediately, I can see issues on timing and workload for this.

The new user interface will be more tab based, and act more like moodle, it will have drag and drop features, be modular, and have a simple navigation system not like the current model.
Think windows live pages.....

So I look forward to what knowledgenet has to offer and hope that these changes are sooner rather than later.

No comments: