Friday 27 April 2007

yet another **** up

This morning I went into school later than normal, I sat down and waited for the morning meeting to start. As the HOD turns up, she turns to me and says have you read the SMS messages, I reply, no, I have not opened up my laptop to check any messages yet. As she watches me grab my bag and fumble for my laptop out of it and open it up I wonder what is going on. As I wait for filemaker pro to open and connect through the wireless using TCP/IP I start to wonder, what have I done, has there been an email complaining about something I have done, I ask, and she says "Wait and see",

Finally I can login and I see the message. The Department meeting that was planned for Monday has now been moved to next Monday, as there is an HOD meeting that is now taking place on Monday instead. So what does this mean, well on Monday was to be the moderation for the NCEA assessment tasks that our year 11 students spent 3 weeks on before the holidays, as well as to continue planning for what is coming up in this term. Now the HOD spoke to the leader of learning and she has said that she is not needed to go to the HOD meeting, instead you can do two department meetings in a row instead, I tended to laugh at this point. Why does our HOD not need to go to the HOD meeting when it has been called at short notice?

Now this might seem small, but is is yet another muck up by our SLT that causes some problems within the staff. Mondays Staff meeting was cancelled with no days notice, department meetings are changed, at least with at least one days notice. But when the leaders in learning last year made the calendar for this year maybe they should have left Mondays blank so they could do whatever they want to do without mucking everyone up.

No comments: