Thursday 11 June 2009

unsure of what to call it yet system 1.2

It has taken me a while to get my head around the next feature of this system, it the the quote of the books. I now have 5 pages of hand written notes that features printouts, screen designs and working out the structure of how the pages are going to load and display. So far I have three pages, entering information, either via filling out a form or pasting a csv string. This brings in a problem due to people fill in the form differently, either through words or including characters in number fields and numbers in text fields. the way I am getting around this is to have the information show and you fill in the box beside with correct variables.
Next you calculate the cost of the book, this needs to be able to be updated all the time with the new calculations and variables. All of this information needs to be saved. So after three days I am ready to program this section. There goes my weekend.

I have the table setup, though I will need to include the variable costs as well as the final calculation.

No comments: