Sunday 14 June 2009

When technology lets you down

I have been using twitteriffic for a while now to connect to my twitter account and do updates. However this all stopped the other night when it would not connect. Thinking it was my fault and without really thinking I reset my touch back to the default settings, a bad move.

Instead it is caused by a Twitpocalypse, a Twitpocalypse is is similar to the Y2K bug. The unique identifier associated to each tweet has now exceeded 2,147,483,647

For some of your favorite third-party Twitter services not designed to handle such a case, the sequence will suddenly turn into negative numbers. At this point, they are very likely to malfunction or crash.


Now waiting for this app to appear as a update in the apple app store, though this sounds like it may be a while before it comes out.

No comments: