Friday 19 September 2014

Key Competencies - Snapshot

I have been looking for a way to show the key competencies in action for a while now. There was a questionnaire developed by nzcer in 2010 that I managed to find and through a little bit of searching I managed to find the pdf and the spreadsheet to process it.

http://www.nzcer.org.nz/research/publications/key-competencies-classroom-nzcer-student-and-teacher-surveys-august-2010

Conducting a “snap-shot” or “stocktake” of views about practice: A “snap-shot” or one-off administration of the surveys can collect data at a particular point in time, in one class, school, or a group of schools. This data can become the basis for professional discussions about how teachers are currently helping students strengthen the key competencies and for “next step” planning.

Today I ran it with my Level 1 Digital Technologies class.





This is the first time I have dealt with this type of information around the key competencies, and I must say there is some areas which need some vast improvement. But isn't that we should be looking at as teachers, what are our next steps, would we expected to be covering all the areas, maybe this is my teacher inquiry. Have I left it too late in the year? An idea maybe is to see how this looks next year with a new lot of Level 1 students.

No comments: