- I got, how to use Alice to teach basic principles of computer programming.
- where i need to heading in computer science.
- resoures through the use of sceniarios to teach basic principles through story telling.
- a development environment that is not complex, though it has yet to be finished off, with alice 3.0 intergrating the sims charcters.
- the conversations in the breaks, these are the ones which you wis you could take a tape recorder to, to play back afterwards,
- the last lecture is a must thst I have to watch and listen to, available on youtube.
- contacts with my old lecturers so I can align courses that are helpful to them.
- the ability to show off what the students have been doing with scratch.
- a way of aligning sustainability with the new curriculum, this needs to have some more thought and be developed some more before it can be presented back to the department/school.
- a sense that some things haven't changed much in the eight years that I left tertiary study.
Tuesday, 8 July 2008
what did i get out of todays professional development?