This teacher found some of the indications for Tech systems quite confusing and hacked at them a bit to come up with these simpler objectives
- L3: describe a technological system using specialised language and symbols
- L4: explain transformation processes within a system
- L5: explain transformation properties of subsystems
- At level 3, describe tech systems in terms of input/process/output using diagrams would work ...
- At level 4 you can use the csunplugged data representation resources to cover transformation processes (transformation of data into images) etc etc
- At level 5 you get into subsystems ... as my junior course set kids up for both digital & electronic I look at things like TV remotes, input (buttons), transformation (encoding of data) and output (IR LED and modulation of light)
Going by this, I think I am going down the right track.
If I am having this trouble, and it looks like others are as well, is the technology curriculum actually being taught? Or is it just parts of it?